Here’s a little guide to what I personally think is a must in the kitchen:
1. A large metal mixing bowl
2. Scoopable measuring cups, tablespoon/teaspoon measurers, large and small measuring cups- The scoop measuring cups are great for flour, sugar, etc. I hate when you have to pour sugar out of the bag or use a spoon to scoop it into a cup. It’s so much faster! The other things like the tbsp/tsp and large/small cups are ESSENTIALS.
3. Silicone baking mats- these have saved my life. NO JOKE. Super easy to clean up and guaranteed no stick. I have the Fox Run brand but I know Sil Pat is a super popular one too. It’s worth the investment! Trust me.
4. Silicone Spatulas- You can get these anywhere! They are the best for getting every last bit of batter out of your bowls.
5. Cookie Dough Scoop- This is also a super handy tool to have in the kitchen because it makes cranking out those cookies 10x faster. I got mine from Amazon.
6. Wire cooling rack- honestly you can find this anywhere but it’s really useful!
8. Disposable frosting bags and your basic tips. I have a smooth tip, and a couple small and large decorative ones. They are super handy for when you want to make a cake look good! Go to Michaels or any craft store and you’ll find your basics. If you have a Daiso around you, they have cheap frosting bags there!
9. Vanilla Bean Paste! – I use this as a sub for Vanilla Extract sometimes and I think it enhances the flavor a lot more. Check it out here.
To be continued….