When you don’t know what to make, you can’t go wrong with candy bars inside your cookies. These were made with a brown butter dough, and they are pretty delicious! One of the cookies has peanut butter chips, peanut butter M&Ms, and bits of Reese’s. The other just has chocolate chips and mini Kit Kats.
Candy Bar Cookies
For the Peanut Butter/Reese’s Cookies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 big bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms
- 4-5 Reese’s, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a pan with silpat/parchment or spray with nonstick spray .
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl and heat until deep golden brown. Remove heat and let cool for 5 minutes. [This is important, because you don't want to cook your egg in the next step, if the butter is too hot!]
- Place browned butter and little bits from the pan into a stand mixer along with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat to combine then add egg and vanilla beating to combine. Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, PB M&Ms, Reese’s and PB chips. Mix on low until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place 2 tablespoons of dough onto pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
For the Kit Kat Cookies:
See this recipe here. It’s basically the same as the above.
Adapted from Picky Palate